How to Change TikTok Username and Password
Tiktok is increasingly popular in the social media landscape. People buy Tiktok followers and likes and enjoy stardom on this app. At Tiktok, you can change your name and password later. This is particularly appropriate if you have registered with an email address, and the first part of this address is automatically assigned as the name. You can find out how to choose your name and password in the Tik-Tok app here.
The first login to Tiktok can also be made via a social media account (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Google) or your own email address. In this case, Tiktok automatically takes your user data from your account or chooses the first part of the email address as the user name, i.e., everything before the @ sign. If you do not want this, you can edit your profile at any time and change the Tik-Tok username and assign a new password.
How to Change TikTok Username
When the others watch your videos, they’ll see your username on Tik-Tok. As long as you haven’t set it yourself, this is the name that Tiktok read from your Facebook and Co. account. In some cases, this is OK if you have given an incorrect name there anyway, but if your real name was automatically selected, you can change/adapt it at any time.
Note: you will see two names in your profile. The first is the nickname, and the second is the username. The nickname is only for friends to find you with. You can use the username to log in. It will also appear as your name on the videos. Here’s how you can change your Tik-Tok name:
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap the icon labeled “I” in the lower right corner to open your profile.
- Under the profile picture, you can see your current TikTok name. You can change it if you tap on the “Edit profile” underneath.
- On the next screen, you can see two names. Tap the top name to change your TikTok nickname. Below you have to tap to change the username.
- Attention: The user name can only be changed every 30 days! You have to confirm this before you can enter a new name.
- Finally, tap on “Save ” in the top right corner to save your changes.
Pressing “Save” triggers a name check. If the chosen name is already taken, you will now be informed about it and have to search for another Tik-Tok name.
How to Change TikTok Password?
If you want to change your Tik-Tok password, you need to know what the current password is. If you have logged in with an account from Google, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, it is the password of this account. So it makes perfect sense to change the password and assign your own password for your Tik-Tok account.
Should you no longer know your current password, you have to reset your password on your Tik-Tok profile. The following step-by-step instructions show you how. The password is then changed immediately.
How to change a password at Tiktok:
- Start the Tik-Tok app and open your profile.
- Tap the Settings menu icon in the top right.
- The menu item “Password” can be found under “Manage my account.”
- Tap on “Password” there to open an input mask.
- There you have to enter the current password first and then the new password twice.
- Finally, tap on the symbol at the bottom right, and your new password will be adopted.
You now need the new password if you log out of Tiktok or move to a new smartphone and reinstall the app there.